PLEASANTON Q-1 VISA Attorney
The Q-1 visa supports international cultural exchange such as practical training, employment, and the sharing of the history, culture, and traditions of the participant’s home country in the U.S. This visa enables individuals to participate in exchange programs in the U.S.
Q-1 visa holders must be at least 18 years old and possess the ability to effectively convey their home country’s history and culture for a U.S. audience. Their U.S. sponsor must agree to pay them the same rate that a similar worker in the U.S. would receive.
The Q-1 application must be accompanied by evidence that the employer/sponsor:
- Intends to provide “an overview of the attitude, customs, history, heritage, philosophy, tradition and/or other cultural attributes of the participant’s home country” (USCIS).
- Intends to make the program available to the public for the purpose of intercultural exchange between the visa holder and the American public.
- “Has designated a qualified employee to administer the program and serve as liaison with USCIS” (USCIS).
- Can provide a working environment comparable to that of a domestic employee providing the same services.
- Is capable of properly compensating the Q-1 visa holder for his or her work.