PLEASANTON, CA B Visa Attorney
Everybody knows the U.S. is the best place to engage in business. And the best way to temporarily visit the U.S. to promote your business venture is under B-1 status. This merit-based visa allows access to a variety of economic opportunities in the U.S. Individuals eligible for this visa range from board members and athletes to musicians, entertainers, and servants of non-immigrants.
B-1 visa applicants must be able to prove:
- The nature of the business that they plan to do.
- The exact length of time that they need to conduct their business.
- Their intention to return to their home country after the business has been concluded.
B-1 applicants may stay in the U.S. for up to one year.
The B-2 visa is the ideal entry pass for tourists interested in seeing the U.S. through brief pleasure trips. The State Department defines “pleasure trips” as legitimate activities of a recreational character such as tourism, amusement, visits to friends and/or relatives, rest, medical treatment, or activities of a social or service nature.
The B-2 Visa can also be used by spouses or children of C-visa holders who wish to accompany crew members or aliens in transit to the U.S.
B-2 applicants must prove:
- That they are coming to the U.S. for recreation or medical attention.
- That they are only going to remain in the U.S. for a specific amount of time.
- That they have enough money to pay for their trip.
- That they have a permanent residence in their home country to which they intend to return.
B-2 applicants may stay in the U.S. for up to one year.